Wednesday, October 31, 2007

obligatory holiday post



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I have to say, Manhattan on Halloween is a freak show -- and an annoying one, at that. Too many people, too much glitter and too much bad attitude from police officers! Seriously, if I see another fat girl in a bumblebee outfit or another gay man in drag (how unoriginal, boys) I am going to vomit.
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, but getting through a mess of people just to catch a ride on the subway is not fun. Why the congestion? The annual East Village Halloween Parade, of course, a legendary staple of NYC holiday life.

Best costume seen tonight: The girl running around who was a lamp, complete with lampshade on her head.
Earliest time I saw someone wearing a costume: Around 11am this afternoon.
Most unoriginal/uninspired costume: Anything involving fishnet stockings, a push up bra, wings and a woman. GET OVER YOURSELVES, GIRLS!
Least Involved get-up of the evening: The girl on the subway who was wearing devil horns strapped to her head while dressed in regular jeans and a sweater.
Cutest costume: The baby I saw this afternoon who was a little bee!


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Halloween, but I also love the utter uncomplication of my own Halloween. It's nice living a bit off the beaten path. :) And it's more fun to read the telling of yours, in any event.