Monday, December 19, 2005

small things


This is my neighborhood --

trash on sidewalks.
christmas lights strung up along fire escapes.
parked cars.

These are some of the people who live here --

the drunk old man who always has bloodshot eyes.
macho, the kid with the baseball cap, who stands around with his pitbull.
eunice, the lady next door with beautiful blue eyes.
a girl who constantly carries a baby on her hip.

These are some of the sounds I hear --

cars going by on the highway.
laughing voices outside my front door.
a child playing recorder through an open window.
ambulance sirens.
rap blasting on car radios.

Other things --

the police station always smells like donuts.
white kastle always smells like heaven.
men like to smile at me when they walk by.
$1 tacos at the store on the corner.
my cat likes to watch the stray cats outside the kitchen window.

1 comment:

D.Amouhd Tramell said...

sounds like Ringo wants an adventure!!! again, ur a fuckin great writer babe.