Tuesday, November 27, 2007

some arvo part and an update

Friends, it's been awhile. Life has been zipping along like a flash, a great burst of energy, colors, people and sounds. In the past few weeks I've:

* retrieved my purse and wallet from the evidence locker at an out of state police station
* eaten two Thanksgiving dinners
* written more papers than I'd like to count
* been gifted with the second season of He-Man ... and, naturally, reliving my very early youth while watching it (YEAH, Battle Cat!)
* virtually memorized Joni Mitchell's album 'Song to a Seagull' while the song 'Marcie' has become one of my favorite of all time
* been on a bus at least 4 times in the past 2 weeks.

And that, folks, has been my life. I haven't been around NYC much lately, so I don't have anything that is related to city life to report. However, I am including a clip of Arvo Part's brilliant 'Spiegel Im Spiegel' which is one of my favorite pieces by one of my favorite living composers. The video quality is bad, but the point is the music anyway ...





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please transcribe for piano and harp or violin!