Wednesday, November 28, 2007

sonic BOOM!!


The lighting of the Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center is tonight for anyone interested. I think it goes on between 7 - 9 pm Eastern Time. I won't be there (boo for getting an education instead!), but a lot of other people will be ... If you want a live look at the tree from here on out until Christmas, there's a webcam pointed directly at the tree here. Just click on 'Exclusive: A Live Look At The Christmas Tree.' The tree is up until around January 6, and is lit from 5:30am-11:30pm. That's a whole lot of electricity.

In other news (and totally unrelated), does anyone else find the following video clip incredibly cool? It's of a military jet breaking the sound barrier. You can hear the sonic BOOM! and see the actual displacement of the sound wave or whatever. I remember when I used to live near a military base, and jets would always be zooming over head, breaking the sound barrier ... the dishes and windows would rattle like crazy in my house, and it was very loud. I know some people who had their china and glass break during the 'boom times'. (Ha ha, pun intended ... sadly.) Honestly, I know this is unrelated to Xmas, but youtube is so much fun, I can't resist finding the most random stuff possible. I'll try to get back to blurbs about life in NYC in the next post. I'm so ADD!

Here's the youtube clip:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMAZING!
It reminds me of the airshows I loved to attend in my youth. Seing this was really cool!