Friday, October 31, 2008

happy halloween


Happy Halloween.

For a few days it looked like we'd be having a white Halloween. It snowed a few days back -- and how! -- but it's all melting off the ground now. There are slippery wet puddles everywhere. Sidewalks and parking lots are like swimming pools. Very disconcerting when you don't look and step in one, but I suppose also refreshing. Kind of, anyway.

I'm not entirely sure what my Ghoul Day plans are, but something will come in to fruition. I already did some celebrating at a friend's family party in the Hamptons, so there's no pressing need for me to mark the passing of Halloween this year. I don't feel an urgent rush to run out and catch a concert or dress up with all the other butterfly fairies and angels at a party this year. It's a nice change of pace from how I normally feel, which is pressured in to acknowledging the holiday.

Halloween is my favorite celebration, but more because of the time of year, weather and general campiness of the holiday. I also love the movies and candy associated with Halloween -- horror flicks and candy corn galore!!

So, Happy Halloween. Candy corn it up. And then check out my travel blog, which has been updated yet again.

No comments: