Monday, March 20, 2006

the cat who wanted in


There was a stray cat today who was sitting in front of the entrance to my apartment building. She was a tiny little black and white cat, skittish, skinny, and with a scabbed over nose.

I was going to bring her some cat food and let her eat, but my super Eunice beat me to it. Even though the landlord has repeatedly told both of us to not feed the stray cats in the neighborhood, there's always a few that I can't help but want to adopt/feed/cuddle.

Later on I noticed a pigeon had moved into the kitty's place, and was now peering into the lobby with beady little eyes. He had a feather stuck to his head and looked disgruntled. I have to admit. I was not half as inclined to feed Mr. Bird as I was the cat. Pigeons are rude, poop, and constantly peck at things.

Anyhow, this is my entry for today. I had to share about the little kitty cat, though. I have a huge paper due for school and class tonight -- needless to say, I am less than thrilled. Wish me luck!