Saturday, March 18, 2006

i'm on tv


Screen captures from my televised March 22 '06 television gig in Pennsylvania on Stories, Wisdom and Recipes. Performed all Irish tunes with violinist Mark Woodyatt. Please note that these photographs will be taken down after a certain duration -- I only have them up because I'm too lazy to email them to family.

They're also (obviously) really fuzzy and bad quality -- I haven't mastered the art of photographing from a television set yet. Any suggestions, hit me up. Just remember, however, that I'm not trying to make fine art or anything with these photos.

Tunes covered over the duration of the show:

Trip to Sligo -- traditional jig
We're Bringing the Summer With Us -- ancient traditional melody (pre-Christian era)
Shebeg, Shemore -- O'Carolan tune, originally a harp solo, which we turned into a duo
The Butterfly Jig/Swallowtail -- fast paced, traditional tunes.


5 comments:

D.Amouhd Tramell said...

Awesome. I like Marks elvis Costello vibe he's got going on. Hehe. Tell him i say hello anyway. I see you colored ur hair and grew it out more. I like it a lot babe. Congrats on your public viewing!!!

cityflip said...

i didn't color my hair!

D.Amouhd Tramell said...

hmmm. I guess it's just been a long time. but it looks red.

cityflip said...

it looks red 'cause of the studio lights.

i have a lot of red in my hair, i was just never in the sun enough in upstate enough for anyone to ever notice. :)

Anonymous said...

I'd like to hire you both where do I find you?