Wednesday, July 04, 2007

happy fourth of july!!


HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!

CCCCCCCCC

I hope it was a lovely holiday for my fellow bloggers and blog readers.
Oh, and ...
Happy Birthday to my dear America!

I spent my holiday in the middle of Little Italy/China Town. I was surrounded by fireworks, holiday spirit and people cheering at the spectacle of dozens of colored explosions shimmering in the sky.

A small group of us drank whiskey on a friend's rooftop which was very close to the fireworks display over the river. It was wonderful to stand there, in the middle of lower Manhattan, surrounded by friends, with a whiskey in hand and the cheers of a neighborhood full of drunken people surrounding me.

And to those in Latin/South America who have national independence holidays coming up ... enjoy your fireworks, celebrations and flag waving too!

No comments: