Wednesday, August 06, 2008

scared but now happy


I'm not sure where to begin. I suppose the start is the most logical place, but I'm not even sure when all of this began, or how, or why ...

I don't even know if I can really go in to specifics, because I don't want to embarrass anyone or reveal any information that shouldn't be floating around the internet. At the same time, I want to share a little about what's been happening in my life, and why I've been virtually M.I.A. from this blog for so long.

So, I suppose all I can really write is that I recently had an immediate family member take up residence in the hospital. Roughly 11 days of medication, constant monitoring by doctors and nurses and roughly 264 hours of bed rest,all because of a very serious condition which was life threatening and could have had a tragic outcome.

Luckily, the family member is much improved and now at home. This outcome is exceedingly rare and fortunate, and has made me realize, yet again, that I am blessed.

Beyond blessed.

However, it was a very scary past two weeks, and confronting issues of mortality is never pleasant. Especially for me, since I already have such issues with the topic.

That said, I am grateful, happy and pleased -- all of which are inadequate terms to describe my feelings, but the only words I can think of at the moment -- that everything has turned out alright.

And, to my friend graywayfarer, the train story will be coming soon.

Promise.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad they are better, and I hope that a complete recovery is soon in coming. All of you will be in my thoughts.