Thursday, February 23, 2006

the chinese schoolgirl battle: icq vs msn.



The scene: Downtown/Brooklyn N Train.

The time: 6:15pm.

Characters: (all Chinese-Americans between the ages of 13 - 15)
Schoolgirl #1 (aka: Ms. Mole) -- plump, plain, bland looking host to a dark brown chin mole.
Schoolgirl #2 (The Talkative One) -- loud, short, an expert slurper of juice.
Schoolgirl #3 (Shorty) -- 4'8" ... max. Doesn't talk.
Schoolgirl #4 ("I'm Nondescript and therefore hard to describe,") -- nondescript. Hard to describe. Evidently boring since I can't remember anything about her other than she was there.


Scene:
(SG#1)(loudly, in my ear) ALL CHINESE PEOPLE USE ICQ.
(SG#2) OOOH YEAH, THEY TOTALLY DO. I DON'T THOUGH. I USE MSN.
(SG#1) OHHH ME TOO. MORE CHINESE PEOPLE SHOULD USE MSN.
(SG#2) WHY DON'T MORE CHINESE USE IT? I TALK TO FRIENDS FROM HONG KONG ON IT.
(SG#4) mumblemumble ... anyone use Photoshop? ... mumblemumble.
(SG#2) PHOTOSHOP? I HAVE THAT. IT'S COOL.
(SG#1) NO WAY, HOW DO YOU GET IT?
(SG#4) blahblah ... talking about Photoshop ...

(5 minutes later ... I shit you not.)

(SG#1) SO, WHY DO ALL CHINESE PEOPLE USE ICQ?
(SG#2) I DON'T KNOW, I DON'T. I TALK TO FRIENDS FROM HONG KONG ON MSN.
(SG#4) mumblemumble ... anyone use Limewire? ... mumblemumble.

(A few more minutes later, pulling into the Atlantic Ave station.)
(SG#1) I REALLY LIKE MSN.
(SG#2) ME TOO! I TALK TO FRIENDS FROM HONG KON-

(Dialogue cut off as I beat a hasty retreat.)

End Scene.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's lucky I had finished drinking my drink before I started reading this, or there would have been spewage.