Sunday, June 03, 2007


There is a wonderful place to grab Moroccan food on my street. It's a small cafe with a beautiful back yard set up with all sorts of tables and chairs. The food is amazing, the owner is a native of Morocco, and the wait staff are always pleasant. Everyone seems happy when they are there. It's a nice place to be.


One of my favorite things about the place (other than the chicken tagine and amazing hummus) is the resident cat. He belongs to the neighborhood, a slinky black creature who recently fathered a litter of kittens. A waitress politely informed me that "kitty kitty" was actually named Puma.


Puma is *quite* the character. He rubs up against the legs of patrons, snatching up attention like bits of lamb. Puma stares at the dinner plates with a hungry gleam in his eye, despite looking very well fed. He is an absolute gem.


Luckily enough for me, I was able to snap a photo of him yesterday evening:


No comments: