Wednesday, December 19, 2007

rellerindos



One of the best parts about living in New York is all the candy. Yes, I said candy, and no, I'm not kidding. As far as I'm concerned, high fructose corn syrup and sugar are the nectar of the gods, and NYC is Candy Mecca!

My most recent discovery happened last night. My friend innocently handed me over a bag of Mexican candies, and suggested I try one. Well, after all the ghetto things I've heard about candy from Mexico over the years (it's tainted with lead, child laborers package it, etc., etc.) I timidly said no, until I realized ... what the hell. It's candy.

The treat that I popped in my mouth was heavenly. Spicy, sweet, sour and salty all at once. What were these nuggets of goodness? Rellerindos, tamarind flavor!!

I am going to hunt through all my local bodegas and see if I can find more. They are DELICIOUS.



No comments: