Tuesday, May 22, 2007

in bloom

I live above a Nazi. Not literally, but more in a figurative sense. The man in question is a middle aged, grouchy old fellow with a German accent and bad attitude. I was watering my plants yesterday when he started yelling at me about dripping water onto his front steps. The amount of water in question was small, yet the man acted like I'd just released a biblical flood onto his yard. (I'd like to point out it was the first time I'd ever seen anyone at that location, and nothing at ALL has been done to the "garden" in the "yard" that the man was so protective about.) Mind you, I live four stories above the ground, so it wasn't like my water was close enough to even impact him. Still, he fussed and waggled his head furiously at me.

It's okay though. I saw him leaving the building today with a bag of marijuana stashed in his back pocket. Mister Saintly isn't all that perfect, now is he? I have my eye on you, mister Nazi!!

The dripping garden in question:




Not very evil looking, right? In fact, quite nice on the eyes ...
I've added some more plants. My sister came into town to visit (which will be the subject of another post), and having a similar love of plants, got me some more lovelies for my garden. I have four geraniums now, phlox, ivy, an unidentified plant that used to live in my window, two oregano plants, peppermint, cilantro, lavender and rosemary. I'm thinking of adding some parsley and regular mint to the mix as well. Other flowers would be nice to add some color and kick on the aesthetic spectrum. I just love looking out and seeing green that isn't treetops or backyards. (Don't get me wrong, I love treetops ...)
My sister also bought me a lovely indoor peace lilly and an ivy plant that now lives in the bathroom. Thanks, sis!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty garden.

Anonymous said...

Heh. I'm grumpy myself- that's why I keep myself safely off in the country where I can enjoy being grumpy and other people can enjoy doing the things I would be grumpy about. It's a finely tuned system. Uh-oh, I'm about to burst out into "The Circle of Life"... I'll stop now. ;)